Dear Facebook,
I have never, not once, complained when you made changes. In fact, I have enjoyed them in the past, but with these new changes, you have made my life quite miserable.
As a PR person I am constantly making events, promoting campaigns, among other things and often I used the little "Select All" button. Now that you have taken it away, it literally takes me over a half hour to click on every friend who I'd like to invite to a promotional page or event. You make me want to commit a "Facebook suicide" (see article here: http://tinyurl.com/43ap87).
Now a "Facebook Suicide" may be a little extreme. After all, being a new PR professional, I am often on the frontlines of social media. I want to be able to tell people "Social Media is the new revolution to communicate" but I would be the biggest hypocrite if Facebook won't allow me to communicate to the audience I want to talk to. Now, of course, you're thinking "you can communicate with them" but no, I can't. Time is money. I do not have about 40 minutes to select each friend on the Roger Williams Network. How am I supposed to tell a client "Yes I spent an hour, a whole hour you paid me for, selecting people to invite to a event." In fact, what are your PR people doing? Because they work for you, they won't tell you that they secretly hate you so let me tell you for them - they hate you for this.
So on a parting note this is what I have to say: clean up your act fast or you're gonna be in trouble with an awful lot of people.
Sincerely,
A pissed-off PR person
No comments:
Post a Comment